Parenting is one of life’s most beautiful experiences, but it’s also one of the most demanding! In parenting, every new day comes with new challenges. You might have tried everything at hand, but all for naught. Parenting issues are bound to arise, however hard you may try to take care of your kids. But we all...
Parenting is one of life’s most beautiful experiences, but it’s also one of the most demanding! In parenting, every new day comes with new challenges. You might have tried everything at hand, but all for naught. Parenting issues are bound to arise, however hard you may try to take care of your kids. But we all should keep in mind that this world is strange to our children, just as much as we are odd to parenting. Every day our child is learning, exploring, and experimenting; challenges are part and parcel. While making sense of the world, children can drive you crazy to any extent, but you should not lose your temper. Noticing these issues in kids might make you guilt-conscious about not being a good parent.
Let me assure you that you are not alone. Generations of parents are facing this and are trying to deal in different ways. Some ways worked, and some didn’t.
Here we list out the top 5 parenting issues every parent faces at one time or another and a solution.
1. Addiction to electronic gadgets
A major parenting issue parents face these days is Gadget Addiction. With the virtual presence of electronic media everywhere, it is hard to keep your youngsters away from electronic devices. These gadgets can keep children engrossed for hours on end without blinking, causing great concern among parents. (Want to know how screen time can be harm time for children?) Trying to take away the gadgets makes them enraged and uncontrollable.
- Do not let e-media be the only source of engagement. Indulge them in outdoor games, or board games, or provide a hobby to engage otherwise.
- Limit the total screen time.
- Manage screen time for educational purposes and family time only.
- Learn how to Overcome Screen Addiction
2. Being shy around people
Every child is different, and not all children grow with high self-confidence. Some children remain aloof and find it difficult to converse with other kids around. On the other hand, few find it easy to establish acquaintances. It might worry you a little.
- Try to sit down and converse with your child to understand what is bothering them to make friends.
- It might be an age shyness and can vanish after some time.
- If your child does not mix with any peers, get a doctor’s consultation for it.
- Boost your kid to make friends but never force them
3. Unhealthy Food Habits
Almost all children like having burgers, pizzas, and other junk food, in place of healthy vegetables and fruits. Eating unhealthy can affect their physical and psychological development and can be an invitation to various diseases. So how to get them to eat healthily?
- Do not force your child to eat everything.
- Try to prepare a healthy meal that your child likes or finds tasty.
- Make them aware of the consequences of not having healthy food.
- Involve your child while preparing meals to boost their interest and understanding to consume nutritional food.
4. Disinterested in Studies –
Most children do not like to study, causing parents to lose their calm. This is mainly because the traditional way of learning bores them easily. There are a variety of additional reasons, but we are citing the most common cause here.
- Try making learning a fun activity and not academic.
- Help them learn with practical examples making them more realistic and easier to understand.
- Never force them to study, which will make them more rebellious towards study.
- Try the Totto Learning pack, the right way to learning
Make learning fun! Try the Totto Parents App
5. Behavioral Issues-
Throwing frequent tantrums, constant whining, getting angry and throwing stuff drives all parents crazy. It is challenging for us parents to maintain our composure. This is one parenting issue that everyone needs a solution for.
- Keep yourself calm and try to calm your kid too.
- Sit with your child to understand what is bothering them.
- All these might be to grab your attention and make a point. So talk to your child and understand their need.
- Always be at the child’s eye level while handling tantrums.
- Constant whining can be ignored unless they calm themselves and are ready to have a conversation.
Always let your children be themselves. Let them experience and understand different emotions.
Parenting is a beautiful experience and these difficult times are like passing clouds. The best way to cope with parenting issues is to understand them and approach them with sensitivity and presence of mind.